Sunday, December 21, 2008

Update - Stretching Posts

Well, we lost our battle with our home. Our landlord didn't pay the mortgage. Despite paying 2x the amount for rent that the landlord was supposed to pay for the mortgage payment, the bank still wanted us to move. They want a vacant house on the market. I guess our money isn't good enough for them, they didn't even do a credit check, refused to actually. We have to be out on Christmas Day. Yeah, that's what I said but it had some 14 syllable cuss words in it too (kept those in my head because I have little ears around and it wasn't very lady-like).

Since our family is so large and with no savings left, we don't know where we are going to go. I'm going to stay with friends with my children all going to someone in their family (my "un-in-laws"). I can't keep them with me. 2009 is going to start out a lot tougher than 2008 ended.

The closest thing to decorating for Christmas was my freebie blog! We are in the middle of moving, the decorations are still in the attic. Today the winds were really bad, 20 to 30 mph gusts blowing around the 11 inches of snow we got in the wee hours of Friday. The wind chill was -10 F (yes, MINUS). We didn't get anything accomplished so we chose to spend the day as a family cooking up food that will otherwise go to waste and played video games. It was fun, but sad at the same time.

What does this mean for you? I won't get my calendar templates up until the end of the month. I'm doing both years, '09 and '10. I have them started, not going in order only because of the brushes I have available at the time.

This also means templates might go from every day to every other day. I won't have internet for some time and will be trying to make what I have last until the end of January. As of this post I have thru the 29th done, 28th scheduled. None for January.

Doubt I'm going to raise the store prices back up from the 12 Days of Christmas sale. If I do raise them, it will be lower than the original price.

While I'm unplugged, I can work on some kits and find those other projects I haven't completed yet. I got uninspired and bored, somewhat frustrated, so I decided to shelf them until I wasn't having a block anymore. And I really need to feed the freebie folder back up so when I return I can get that blog a hoppin'!

I will try to find an internet connection from time to time to check in, but you can always contact Tammy (Bunchie) if you have any major concerns. I will be speaking with her by phone on a weekly basis. She has all of my templates. If a link has gone bad, she can fix it.

Have a safe and Happy Holidays, and for those that aren't offended - Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry to hear your story. That is just horrible in such a painful way, and having to be out by Christmas Day just adds insult to injury. I hate that you have to be away from your kids because of this. Just remember that when you do the right thing (such as you DID, by paying) that the right thing will always come back to you. Hang on to your positive attitude, and know that a stranger from Texas has you in her prayers.

Merry Christmas,
Dawn

Denise said...

Oh no..... I do believe in Karma, so, at some point she will get what she deserves. You did the right thing and -adding to Dawn's message-another Texan has you and your family in their prayers.

belle said...

Sending many good thoughts your way.

Kelli said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such horrible problems, especially at this time of year. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and for y'all to be back together again as soon as possible.

Tracie said...

I am so sorry to hear about what is going on in your world and encouraged by the positive attitude that I hear in your posts. The Lord will watch out for you and yours - have no fear! Know that there are people praying for you.